If you’ve ever played Monopoly then you’re familiar with the “Get Out of Jail Free” card.
If you have that card and you land in jail, you can turn it in and out you go.
And you have more than one opportunity to get this card because there is the Community Chest card and the Chance card.
So, in keeping with the game, here are your 2 options for
“Getting Out of Writing Free”
Here’s option 1: Community Chest (for those who feel the need to have a valid reason in order to step away from writing).
Next time you can’t write just print this out, circle the excuse that applies to you, put it on top of your keyboard, and bam, you’re free from writing for the day.
1. My bathroom is being remodeled and the water is turned off so I have to go to the store to get water for my guinea pig.
2. They say a storm is coming in. I need to batten down the hatches.
3. It’s too hot. My brain is fried.
4. My birthday is coming up – sometime. I’m feeling a little old and tired.
5. The neighbor’s dog is barking.
6. I’ve written 6,098,456 words this year. I’ve run out.
7. I can’t think of an excuse but I know there’s one in me somewhere.
8. It’s daytime.
9. It’s nighttime.
10. It’s anytime.
Or, option 2: just use this Chance card (for those who need no excuse)
Note – this get out of writing free card is good for one use only (or maybe twice – at the most).
(okay, 3 times tops).
Do tell? What’s your best excuse for not writing? (Mine is creating silly little chance cards even when I don’t have a lick of design skill).