Part 2 – Your Blog Commandments 6-10
Creating your blog commandments will help you focus and stay directed so you can be more effective in your posts. And ultimately increase your success.
Okay, let’s get started on your next 5 blog commandments.
6. You shall not kill creativity in self or others
Preparatory Thinking: Creativity is a gift, a skill, a passion. Use it or lose it. And respect creativity in others – even when that creativity is not something you relate to. What someone else is doing may not be your thing but it is that person’s creative thing. Be happy for them in their creativity and when you get a chance to interact, praise their creativity.
Your Commandment 6
I have a hard time relating to _______________ as a form of creative expression and I will use some aspect of _______________in one of my upcoming posts as a way of honoring creativity in others.
7. I will be true to myself
Preparatory Thinking: Writers and other creative people are often very hard on themselves and become their own worst critics. It is important to find techniques and ways to be a kinder, gentler self.
Your Commandment 7
I will create a post that portrays my deep passion for _________________________ so I can see just how talented and delightful I am.
8. I will be original
Preparatory Thinking: It is easier to imitate than to lead. But what the world needs is your original thought and ideas. Even if you yourself doubt their value, we don’t.
Your Commandment 8
I will create one post in the next month that is totally original with no references to another blog or post or other resource and that post will be about _________________________________.
9. I will embrace the ideas of others
Preparatory Thinking: When we get stressed and feel as if others are always doing better than we are, it’s easy to find ways to tear them down and even embellish our own perspective to make us sound better.
Your Commandment 9
I wish I’d come up with the idea of __________________. Next time I’m feeling a little snarky about someone else’s grand idea I will make myself write about it, and reference it in one of my posts.
10. I will believe in my strengths and not covet the words of others
Preparatory Thinking: Finding ways to celebrate your own writing and/or blogging is important in helping you to maintain your creative joy and to keep it flowing. One of the best ways to see the strength in you and maintain that joy is to use your talents to help others.
Your Commandment 10
The next time I feel like my blog sucks I will write a post that uses the strength of my ___________________ to create a post that helps others in their own work.
Enjoy your commandment creation.
And as promised, here are the blog commandments I came up with for Zencopy:
1. The essence of my blog is to give readers the necessary skills and inspiration to obtain their write to success.
2. When it comes to writing my particular genius is taking large volumes of information and boiling it down into a short fun read.
3. I will seek to constantly improve my breadth of knowledge and will look for ways to infuse more of me into the creativity in my posts.
4. I promise myself that I will take a time of rest. I will do no blogging or blogging tasks on Saturday afternoons.
5. Three words I am most passionate about today are extrapolate, circuitous, and render.
I will use those words willy-nilly in my next 2 posts.
6. I have a hard time relating to graffiti as a form of creative expression and I will use some aspect of the importance of graffiti in one of my upcoming posts as a way of honoring creativity in others.
7. I will create a post that portrays my deep passion for creativity so I can see just how talented and delightful I am.
8. I will create one post in the next month that is totally original with no references to another blog, post or other resource, and the post will be about creativity.
9. I wish I’d come up with the idea of post it notes. The next time I’m feeling a little snarky about someone elses grand idea I will make myself write about it, and reference it in one of my posts.
10. The next time I feel like my blog sucks I will write a post that uses the strength of my scanning abilities to create a post that helps others in their own work.
I’m curious to know which of the commandments were easy for you to create and which gave you pause. Please share in comments if you’re inclined.
If you like this post please Tweet it/Like it