“The Art of Content Seduction” part 2
You can find “The Art of Content Seduction, Part 1” here
Seth says, “It’s a lot easier to seduce someone whose worldview and attitude makes them open to it. If you want to be successful at whatever form of seduction you have in mind, seek out the right people. And yet as marketers we seem to want to treat everyone the same, want to please everyone, want to come up with the magic words that open every heart.”
Seth is, of course, right. And if you’ve been writing online for any time at all, you’ve probably already figured out there are no “magic words.”
So, forget being able to seduce everyone. It can’t be done.
But what can be done is to capture the unadulterated interest of your target audience with a killer title that makes them want to read more.
The words you use in your titles are the most important word choices you make. Titles are short so you have to bring it from word one, no room for slacking off there.
Writing great titles is a particular art form which comes naturally to very few of us. But you don’t need to worry about that because all you have to do is imitate the greats. They’ve done all the hard work for you. I mentioned only a few in Everything You Need to Know About Killer Headlines You Learned in Kindergarten, but realistically we need a lot more to choose from, don’t we?
So here they are – proven headline templates (which I giddily lifted from Copyblogger and Garfinkel’s book, Advertising Headlines that Make You Rich).
Here for your title-writing pleasure are 32 plug and play title templates that have proven themselves to work time and time again:
1. Who Else Wants [blank]?
2. The Secret of [blank]
3. Here is a Method That is Helping [blank] to [blank]
4. Little Known Ways to [blank]
5. Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All
6. Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
7. Now You Can Have [something desirable] [great circumstance]
8. [Do something] like [world-class example]
9. Have a [or] Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
10. What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
11. Give Me [short time period] and I’ll Give You [blank]
12. If You Don’t [blank] Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
13. The Lazy [blank’s] Way to [blank]
14. Do You Recognize the [number] Early Warning Signs of [blank]?
15. See How Easily You Can [desirable result]
16. You Don’t Have to Be [something challenging] to be [desired result]
17. Do You Make These Mistakes?
18. Warning: [blank]
19. How [blank] Made Me [blank]
20. Are You [blank]?
21. [Blank] Ways to [blank]
22. If You’re [blank], You Can [blank]
23. Get Rid of [blank] Once and For All
24. Who Else Wants [blank]?
25. Thousands Now [blank] Who Never Thought They Could
26. Build a [blank] You can be Proud Of
27. Give Me [time frame] – and I’ll Give You [blank]
28. If You Don’t [blank] Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
28 See How Easily You Can [blank] This New Way
29. What’s New In [blank]?
30. 10 Ways to [blank]
31. New Concept in [blank]
32. Why Some People Almost Always [blank]
Clearly, you should feel free to shake up the exact order in these title templates so they fit your needs, topic, and style. But the basic elements for title success are all here. So go forth and create titles that seduce your target readers – but beware – success is sure to follow!
Don’t miss any episode of Writing Seductive Content – subscribe to Zencopy now!
photo by kigaliwire